Saturday, August 6, 2011

New head - SQ Lab Kaoru (as DD Erio?)

Last week I received my order from SQ Labs, a Korea-based maker of resin anime-style doll heads and accessories. Previously these were only available through auctions or second hand, but now the creator's own website allows for easy purchase. Shipping was blazing fast as well!

Here's a look at the blank Kaoru head, eyes blocked out for easy concepting-


My first concept was to do another Yuki-inspired head like Leocadie. It seemed alright, but didn't quite click - plus, I already have a Leocadie! ;)


Moe wasn't working for me either.


Then I remembered a really adorable character from the series Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko. She had all my favorite ingredients- big shiny eyes, blushing cheeks, a cute smile, and lots of sparklies!
Thus my plan is to turn Kaoru into the weird-but-cute Erio Touwa.

No comments:

Post a Comment